Armed robberies under investigation

The Special Unit Robbery is presently investigating three armed robberies which occurred on Monday May 29th and Tuesday May 30th 2017. The first robbery took place at Burger King on Union road on May 29th at approximately 10.35 p.m. This is when two unknown armed men stormed into the establishment with a gun and a machete and stole an undisclosed amount of cash from the cash register. After committing this act they fled on foot.
The second two robberies took place at the same time on Tuesday May 30th at approximately 09.00 p.m. by four unknown armed men dressed in black at the Great bay Supermarket and Vanke Supermarket, both located on the Long Wall road. The suspects stormed into the establishment with guns and robbed these supermarkets of an undisclosed amount of cash. After committing these robberies the suspects fled the scene on foot in an unknown direction.
Anyone who may have information regarding these robberies should get in contact with the police department by calling 54-22222 ext. 213 – 214, the anonymous tip line # 9300 or the emergency number 911.

House fires

On Tuesday May 30th and May 31st police patrols and Fire Department were dispatched to two separate home fires. The first fire was reported at Marianna Estate 5-a in Cole Bay at approximately 09.30 p.m. On the scene the investigating officers encountered bystanders who were trying to extinguish a fire on the upper floor of the apartment building. The Fire department arrived shortly after immediately and put the blaze out. Electrical malfunction may have been the cause of the fire according to the owner and occupant of the apartment in question. No one was injured as a result of this fire. (See pic attached)
The second fire was reported at approximately 01.00 a.m. when police and Fire Department were sent to E. Camille Richardson Street # 12 for a house on fire. The fire was immediately brought under control by the Fire Department. Damage to the home was minimal; however the occupants of the home had to be evacuated and suffered some discomfort of smoke inhalation. They were treated by paramedics on the scene. The Fire Department could not determine the cause of the fire at the time and it is still under investigation. (see pic attached)

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: