Philipsburg, November 7th, 2019
From: Inspector E.S. Josepha
POLICE PRESS RELEASE
Parking ordinance Reminder during St.Maarten Day activities
The busy St.Maarten’s day festivities is upon us, with this in mind, the Police Force of St. Maarten would like to refresh the public about the parking ordinances, to insure the free flow of traffic during all the festivities this upcoming weekend
The traffic ordnance states that:
It is forbidden to stop vehicles:
- in such a way that it impedes freedom of movement more than necessary or jeopardizes road safety
- on cycle paths, and on footpaths
- on a bridge
- in or near a bend and at or near the highest point of a slope, all this unless the view remains sufficiently clear for other traffic
- at a pedestrian or bicycle rider designated crossing point;
- at intersections and junctions of roads within a distance of 5 meters from the intersection of the road side or the extensions thereof.
The Police department is asking the community and visitors alike to keep the Traffic Ordnances in mind to make sure that St Maarten’s day activities begins and ends on a high note.
KPSM of St. Maarten is without any doubt doing its utmost to protect you, your family and your property during the St.Maarten day celebrations well as combat crime.